After the Excrement Hit the Air-conditioning* December 10, 2010Posted by Richard Bolisay in Noypi, Whatever.
- In Philippine cinema, there are more critics of critics than critics.
- When I said in an interview that Lav Diaz is Philippine cinema, I think I unintentionally pronounced it as Love The Ass.
- Define Philippine cinema in three words. “I don’t know.” “I’m not sure.” “Who effing cares?”
- Auteurs are hipsters. Hi Godard! Hi Truffaut! Tse.
- On second thought, Wenn Deramas is an auteur.
- Ray Gibraltar made the right decision accepting Brod.
- Want an audience? Make gay films. They listen.
- I always enter the gift shop at CCP but I never buy anything.
- Cinemalaya is OK, as long as these people don’t promote themselves as messiahs. O me sayad?
- Year after year, Cinemalaya entries are starting to look alike in terms of tone and treatment. Yes, mga kambal sa uma.
- Doing five films a year means you don’t read books that much or you want to reach some kind of dumb record.
- It always happens that I’d be asked, politely and impolitely, to leave the theater because of talking aloud. Once, I was even alone. Guess the film.
- From The Auteurs to Mubi?
- Someone with bad taste and good writing skills is always better than someone with good taste and bad writing skills.
- Because good taste is overrated. And good writing is rare.
- Down with the prosaic!
- Admit it, you felt bad when the blogger didn’t reply to your comment.
- Admit it too, your comment is only about yourself.
- Gossips about filmmakers and their production staff are oftentimes more interesting than the films themselves.
- Cinemanila is still the best festival in the city, bar none.
*apologies to Kurt V.